Saturday, August 23, 2014

Expo Quebec

Today I went to Expo Quebec. It is basically the Quebecois version of American state fairs. Earlier this week in grammar class I was asked what my hobbies are so of course I said goats and blablabla. My professor told me that I had to visit expo Quebec because there are "beaucoup d'animaux" there. (Remember that all these conversations go down completely in French. Basically I comprehend the important parts and just nod and smile for the rest.)

That professor is now my favorite because I got to play with goats for a solid hour! It was the best therapy. I even took a few selfies with a goat.

My ticket cost $30ish CAD, but I figure it was worth it. I even realized that I've never been to a fair just as a visitor. I've always gone as an exhibitor! It was a nice change. Though now I miss my goats something fierce.

Here are some photos from my day in no particular order. If you want to see more, there's a whole entire album on my facebook page. (If we're not friends, find me! DG Hethcox.)








1 comment:

  1. Aww, I think a Canadian fair was just the ticket! I went out and gave the goats crackers today (and ate a few when I realized they were ANIMAL crackers which are really cookies...) Poppy nearly knocked me over but I managed to deal them out equally between the three goats.

    ReplyDelete