Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Forgetting Faire

(This is one of my favorite kpop songs. It instantly cheers me up/ motivates me.) 

Not gonna lie, it feels like I've been in Quebec longer than four days. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing?

I arrived Saturday evening (the 18th of August) into an intense French environment.

I think today it all finally caught up to me. I'm having the hardest time saying simple words and forget about even pronouncing something correctly.

For example, I just had to ask one of my housemates the French verb for "to do". I know this verb. It's one of the most commonly used verbs in the French language. But my brain fatigue has taken over so I can't even remember the verb faire.

Anyways. Feeling a little pitiful today. Though I have a sneaky feeling that tomorrow I'll be fine. But for today, I decided to take care of myself with a trip to Target and a cookie at Starbucks.



Sidenote: I had to buy bobby pins and they are dreadfully expensive up here, even in Canadian dollars. In Virginia I can buy ~100 bobby pins for $1-2, today I paid 5,39$ CAD for a pack of 75. I didn't pack any because I thought they'd be cheap, but no.

I'm off to study for a quiz and finish some homework. I'll be posting some more interesting posts soon. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment