Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Lady Catherine /will never know/




























Ah, the packing of clothes. There is almost too much info floating around the internet about how to pack and what to pack. It can get overwhelming quickly. The good news is that I don't have a Lady Catherine telling me how to pack my dresses. But if you are curious, I'll be rolling all my clothes to save space. I want to be able to fit everything!


I've actually found some really great tips on Pinterest, I pinned several on my travel board


(I love this idea! I have several sunglass cases floating around my room, it will be nice to actually use them.)































As for clothes, I'm going to try to keep it simple when packing. I think I'm going to pick three coordinating colors and go from there. (Probably green, blue, black/gray.) I also intend on layering everything so I don't have to pack for both a summer and winter climate. I also have to save room for my puffy coat (which is fairly smooshable) and my snow boots. I want to take my peacoat but it's not necessary, I should really leave it behind. Right?!

And now Pinterest has me wishing I had a versatile trench coat. Curses!

I'm going to be packing a carry-on and a checked bag. I am not one of those super travelers who can live out of a carry-on. Not happening. I like clothes and choices, mmkay? And I do need to pack a few sweaters. I've heard that Quebec gets cold quickly in the fall. I bought one of those vacuum sealed bags to keep my sweaters from overtaking my entire suitcase. Gotta have room for some fun clothes!

So far I've bought new pjs, jeans and a few tops (thanks mom and dad!) From a wardrobe perspective, I'm pretty well taken care of. I do need to buy more underwear and socks, but those boring items can wait until the very last second.







































The best packing list I've come across is on the blog I Who Wander. Their packing list for a semester abroad is comprehensive and appropriate for other college students. I'll be printing out a copy to help me stay on track while packing!

The College Tourist also offers solid advice for students traveling abroad. This post stood out to me in particular, especially the bit about buying scarves as souvenirs. I love a good scarf.

My mom and I are thinking about checking out the luggage sales at local department stores this week- none of the suitcases we have at home are quite appropriate. And none of them pink. (Okay, okay. I know that that is the least of my worries, BUT. Wouldn't pink luggage be so much fun?)

I'll keep y'all updated on this riveting chapter of my travels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment