Monday, October 27, 2014

Chateau Dufresne













While in Montreal we visited the Chateau Dufresne, a house built by a bourgeois family in the 20th century. The house was restored in the 70s by another wealthy family (bless the rich!) and returned to its former bourgeoisie glory. 

Look, I was raised in Virginia so I know how to appreciate history. But I totally think that the cost for touring this house was a little steep. I think it was about fifteen-twenty smackaroos? And before you call me a miser, I should let you know that it took less than 45 minutes to tour the entire house. Yeah. 

And there isn't a guide or a ton of information posted around the house, however, everything that's posted is bilingual. 

I mean, it's cool and all. But...I would recommend the Biodome before this. 

But maybe you just want a lowkey tour of a fancy house? Then visit. But don't do it with children!

No comments:

Post a Comment