Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sunday, Part 2




























After visiting the church and the waterfall, we headed towards Cap Tourmente to watch the snow geese migrate south for the winter. I posted a video on instagram- not many pictures from there because I don't have a zoom lens and the birds just looked like specks.

I have never seen that many geese at once. There were hundreds of thousands just floating on the river. Every once in while something would spook them and all of them would hover a few feet about the water. And the noise! It sounded similar to the hum of cicadas.

However, I did end up with several cool images of the geese flying that I edited. Check facebook for them!

After that experience, we drove (okay, my host dad drove, I slept) to the Isle d'Orleans. After we bought local apples we went for the famous chocolate dipped ice cream cones. (Think dip cones from Dairy Queen but a thousand times better. The chocolate coating is thick and dark.) While eating our ice cream, we watched the most gorgeous sunset.

Studying abroad is really the coolest. I've been able to do so much in these past two months. It hasn't all sunk in yet and I don't know if it ever will. I'm glad I have this blog and social media to document all I've done, because it is all a blur!

















No comments:

Post a Comment