Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Merci beaucoup!




























My sister, Hannah, and I have a similar conversation every time we visit each other. We talk about how comforting and relaxing it is to see people who know you so well. You don't have to explain anything and you can just be you. Now, I know that this seems like a rather simple revelation, but for me it's so important.

As a student studying abroad and as someone who needs some alone time every day, I crave time with people who I don't have to explain anything to, especially in a different language.

This lovely experience happened this past weekend. Some family friends who live in Montreal drove up to Quebec for a a quick tour and thoughtfully asked me to join them. It was one of the best days I've had!

This family is special to me. When my family and I moved to Hawaii fifteenish years ago (holy cow!) we moved over my birthday. Our house was entirely packed up into hundreds of boxes and everything was in disarray. This family gave me a party that I still remember; there was a butterfly cake and a mock circus complete with games and prizes. One of my sweetest memories!

I'm so glad I was able to share some of this city with them. I was able to introduce them to my favorite creperie and the farmers' market I adore.

Nothing can beat a day full of conversations, laughter and crepes. Thank you, Hof family, for a really lovely weekend.








Well have you?!?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment