Wednesday, October 1, 2014

objectifs septembre


Ooof.

This post is happening waaay after my normal bedtime. 

Pourquoi? 

Because I went to improv night at a local bar with my roommates. 

It was hilarious and I understood most of what was happening. I wish it hadn't been on a school night because I wanted a drink (it's no fun being the sober person!) but I refuse to take chances on a school night. Haha, I've got to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for grammar class in the morning. 

Now on to the point of this post! 

Last month I wrote a small list of goals for September. Nothing big, just things to help me continue adjusting to live in Quebec. 

Let's check in and see how I did! 

1. Finish reading A Room of One's Own - I just finished this book yesterday. I was astounded by how applicable it still is to women today, especially women writers. I cannot wait to reference it when I take my Jane Austen class next Spring. 
2. Find a church - I think I've settled on Holy Trinity, an Anglican church in the heart of Vieux Quebec.
3. Take photographs - I'm going to count this one as a yes! I've definitely taken my camera out for many adventures. Make sure we're friends on fb to see more photos! I try not to overwhelm the blog with a million pics, but...
4. Eat a crepe - Oh yes, this one is definitely complete. I actually ate two crepes! One sweet and one savory. Nom nom.
5. Make friends - I did! I made friends!!! I've got a nice little group right now, though it changes every week as new students arrive and old students depart. But I think that as my French improves, it's easier to make friends. Go figure. 

Night y'all! I gotta get my beauty sleep. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome list :D I'm excited to see how much you've done and how comfortable you are growing with the city!

    ReplyDelete