Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Baby, it's cold outside


A photo posted by Della Hethcox (@dellahethcox) on
I posted this miserable selfie the other day to show how cold it is in Quebec. And of course people find my suffering amusing. Thanks, y'all.

To be fair, Quebec isn't actually that cold, it's just the combination of wind and cold. The wind is horrible, it whips around corners and blows in your ears as though it is a train.

I came home last night and my roommate wanted to know if I was properly outfitted for a Quebec winter. I showed her everything I had and then she kindly gave me some long gloves. Now I feel like a character in a Dickens' novel!

Side story: I did try breaking in my snow boots this week, but I didn't have boot socks. I've regretted that decision every day this week. My legs are so cut up and bruised. They look terrible. Just ask my sister, I sent her a picture. I did buy some boot socks so the future looks brighter. However, I can barely move or touch anything below my calves. C'est la vie!

I wish I could carry a cup of never ending coffee with me everywhere as a cold weather preventative. And I've got a sneaky suspicion that I'm getting a cold.

Hold me?

No comments:

Post a Comment