Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Starbucks Saga

Y'all know how much I love my coffee. So I'm sure it's no surprise that I found a Starbucks immediately upon landing in Quebec. It also happens to be conveniently located about five minutes from my school, which makes French homework a thousand times better.

(I do want to make a note to say that yes, I do try other coffee shops! It's just Starbucks is my safe spot. Like Target.)

Baristas at Starbucks are infamous for the butchering of names all over the world. My name is no exception. Even in America, where we all speak English, baristas still can't spell my name right.

However, in Quebec things took a turn for the more humorous. My terrible pronunciation of the French 'e' is partly to blame and I'm sure my accent doesn't help.

Every badly spelt version of my name gave me something to look forward to while I adjusted to living in a new country.

Now I have less trouble getting my name spelled correctly, which makes me laugh because I don't think I've ever had my name spelled correctly in the States.

Take a scroll with me and review some of the funniest instances. 


 

It started with this. Not too terrible, considering I butchered the pronunciation of e.



 I still have no words.

 

 At least this was a real name?

 

 Still nothing.

 

Getting closer!

 
I will cherish this forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment