Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bits and Bobs, 2



This is a trademark dessert shop in Quebec that I ran across last weekend on my pointless walk. (Y'know, the kind of walk where you have no end goal and are just meandering? The best.)

I knew it had to be good because even the locals love it! They serve this pastry concoction called "beavertail", aka: queues de castor. Basically it's a fried dough and then you choose the toppings. I chose La Quebecoise which was a maple syrup inspired dessert. For a girl who loves maple syrup, I came to the right place for study abroad!  (I'm still on the lookout for a mapletini!) 

Divinity. 

OH MY GOSH. This was the cutest thing. These two dogs, who were complete strangers to each other, were walking down opposite sides of the street. When they saw each other they bounded towards each other in complete joy. I've never seen anything like it! Made me a little teary. 


I'm getting good at these single girl portraits. A marketable skill? 





Some of you might be receiving these cute carved animals for presents come Christmas. But only if you're good for the next 16 Fridays! 


1 comment:

  1. I love all these pictures---THAT'S study abroad in collage! :D and the pastry looks totally tremendous.

    ReplyDelete