Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Bits and Bobs








This scene was too funny not to share...these two kept taking selfie breaks the entire afternoon. 

^my favorite pic of the day. 



I'm really pleased with this set of photos. Lately I've been feeling very uninspired about my photography- I don't have fancy equipment or editing software and I've never had a class. (Though taking a class is on my "Must Do" list for next year.) 

I also don't have a distinct voice as a photographer, but I know what I like to photograph. Perhaps that's the best way to go about it? To stop trying to be a photographer I'm not and to photograph things I love? 

There's an overabundance of photographers everywhere nowadays, but I don't want to get lost among the over edited portraits and staged instagram shots (not judging, I do it!) I want to keep practicing photography and to grow as a documenter. 

At this point I can't even verbalize what I want and don't want as a photographer. I do want my images to be distinct and recognizable. One day, right? Because one day I will have photographs in National Geographic. 

Ah, thinking about things is always so much fun, huh? 

2 comments:

  1. Hmph. The internet just ate my first comment. AS I SAID BEFORE, those are very nice photos, but perhaps you should include more people. Buildings and trees are not as evocative of a culture as the people! Or, come to think of it, the food. Where were the food pictures??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, there are people! Carlos and Francisco are people. :)

    Food pictures are happening! I just haven't eaten at very many places.

    ReplyDelete